Global Trade Compliance
CBP Reasonable Care Assessments
Section 484 of the Tariff Act, as amended, requires an importer of record to use reasonable care to make entry by filing such information as is necessary to enable CBP to determine whether the merchandise may be released from CBP custody, and using reasonable care, complete the entry by submitting with CBP the declared value, classification and rate of duty and such other documentation or information as is necessary to enable CBP to properly assess duties, collect accurate statistics, and determine whether any other applicable requirement of law is met. CBP notes that requirements related to information and documents apply to electronic records, as well as to hard copy records.
Customs Compliance and Audit Services
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) conducts Compliance and Focused Assessment reviews on import companies as part of an informed compliance strategy. In an audit, Customs will focus on seven main points when looking at trade compliance. Every importer should consider the compliance with these points as crucial to their wellbeing in the eyes of CBP
- Anti-dumping and countervailing duties,
- Conformance with free trade agreements,
- Tariff classifications and chapter 98,
- Intellectual property rights and
- Import safety.
Besides auditing your ACE reports, it’s important to also review your internal records, SOPs, databases, and the entry documents themselves for any discrepancies. Additionally, documenting your audit process is crucial evidence that will demonstrate to CBP that the importer is conducting due diligence in its efforts to stay compliant.
Like Accounting and financial audits, you need an expert who can verify that you are complying with all U.S. customs regulations. We can help you with:
- Internal reviews and compliance audits
- Importer Self-Assessment (ISA)
Contact us for help.
Import Cost And Liability Reduction Services
How you import into the US is as important as what you import. Import processes into the United States have many opportunities to reduce your costs or improve your service consistency. Among these are:
- Border Security Programs – C-TPAT Certifications and Audits
- Establishing Foreign Trade Zones & Other Duty Deferral Programs
- Duty Reduction programs
- HTS Classification assistance
- Tariff engineering, tariff cost mitigation, country of origin
- Classification Free Trade Agreements & Other Preference Programs
- Rules of Origin Determinations & Country of Origin Marking
- Investigations, Voluntary Self-Disclosures, and Enforcement
- Export License Applications and Related Support
- Compliance Audits and Manuals
On-site Seminars and Training
We are able to offer the following, cost effective, Seminars and Training, either remotely or on your site:
- Customs training
- Compliance Self and Pre-Audits
- CTPAT Certifications
- Establishing Foreign Trade Zones